Intern with Beyond Buckskin
Beyond Buckskin is a website dedicated to promoting and selling Native American made fashion, and we are looking for creative, motivated and professional individuals for our new internship program that will help us advance our core goals, enhance our vision, and reach a broader audience.
Beyond Buckskin is offering internships to provide students and emerging professionals the opportunity to learn the basics of launching and operating an online fashion boutique and ecommerce website. You’ll gain exposure to a broad range of business concepts including merchandise procurement, customer acquisition, project coordination, public relations and marketing, content creation and more, with the ultimate goals of economic development in Indian Country and promoting Native American artists. We want you to leave Beyond Buckskin feeling empowered and inspired.
- Flexible duration, with flexible start and end dates
- Part time, with negotiable hours per week
- Unpaid, with option for academic credit
- Option for online/remote internship
- There is no deadline. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Skills and Qualifications
- Interest in art and/or entrepreneurship
- Intermediate computer skills and internet savvy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Talented, motivated, and innovative
- At least 18 or older
Projects and Responsibilities
- Manage social media activity to build online presence
- Research new fashion designers for product procurement, manage inventory
- Coordinate customer acquisition and loyalty strategies
- Organize and execute photoshoots, assist in event planning
- Develop creative ideas and marketing campaigns
- Create content for blog, social media platforms, and marketing campaigns
- Work with artists to gather information and coordinate promotions
- Gain experience in operating an ecommerce website
- Refine and expand social media skills
- Gain confidence and skill set to pursue your own business idea
- Create a network of contacts
- Develop marketing skills in planning and designing campaigns
- Hone your communication skills for public relations
- Gain academic credit and/or job experience without the requirement of being physically present in an office
Please submit the following to beyondbuckskin[at]gmail.com:
- A short bio - limit to 50 words
- A letter of interest addressing why you want to work with us and why you would make a great match for Beyond Buckskin – limit to one page
- A brief resume or CV – limit to one page
- Questions?: Contact us at beyondbuckskin[at]gmail.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- Institutions: We would love to work with you on coordinating your requirements for your students with our internship program. Contact us at beyondbuckskin[at]gmail.com and we can talk options.